Aquastat for Peerless Boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

CesKrin

Reaction score
I need to replace the aquastat on my 1980 peerless boiler. The description is: Honeywell R8182D 1012. Everywhere I have looked, and all the people I have talked with say this unit never existed with the 1012 extension. When I ask for a replacement, they say I can not get a replacement without a crossreference to the 1012, which they say doesnt exist. This is a catch 22.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The last four digits refer to the mounting position. You can use any 8182 that will fit the well.

Tk03

Reaction score
The 1020 is Honeywell's way to tell them how it was boxed or something special to a manufacturers spec. As Tom stated any R8182D will work. Forget the last 4 digits. The R8182D is a triple action aquastat that controls the burner and pump. It includes the primary control for the oil burner. All the newer stuff uses an aquastat and a separate oil burner primary control.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Indeed and if it were mine I would change out controls and use a L8124C and a separate primary control, either honeywell or Beckett. Less money

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks