AquaPure AWS200M brine tank refill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Christopher Piper

Reaction score
I just finished up an install of an Aqua-Pure AWS200M softener for my home. Startup function tests all worked great, filling and draw-down, but I'm not sure the tank refill step is running long enough. The level after the first full regen was WELL below the float valve. I have been through the manual, and there is no adjustment for refill step time. Anyone familiar with this model, and if it supposed to fill to the float, or just run for a couple minutes and stop while? I'm worried it is not going to regenerate properly if it runs out of brine before it gets through it's brine draw step. I think it only runs refill for 3 minutes, and it seems it would take at least 10 to fill to the float. My water pressure is more than sufficient (about 60psi).

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The water level will not go up to the float. If you have just installed the system, you should have added a couple of gallons of water to the brine tank prior to putting it into regeneration. if you didnt, it may run slightly short the first time. After that, the system will be fine. Your system should only add a few gallons of water the brine tank, the float is only a back-up in case the flapper valve fails, or there is a power outage during the refill cycle.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Piper

Reaction score
The water level will not go up to the float. If you have just installed the system, you should have added a couple of gallons of water to the brine tank prior to putting it into regeneration. if you didnt, it may run slightly short the first time. After that, the system will be fine. Your system should only add a few gallons of water the brine tank, the float is only a back-up in case the flapper valve fails, or there is a power outage during the refill cycle.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's mostly what I was thinking, and I had added the water prior to first regen - just wanted to make sure it was working ok. The regen did draw it down completely when it was a lot higher, so I wanted to make sure it was okay. I know older tanks needed to keep the water below the bring, but hat thought I read somewhere that the way aquapure designs their tank, it didn't matter (draws the water exclusively from below the shelf, so all water drawn in should be full concentration brine).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks