Aqualine Shower Knob Replacement

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by paul_d, Jul 8, 2011.

1. paul_d

paul_d New Member

Single handle Aqualine Shower Handle. The one we have (which is broken) is plastic with a metal collar w/set screw. Looks like the shaft it fits on is 3/16 w/flat spot for set screw. Plastic under collar is broken.

Where do I find, manufacturer or replacement handle.

Many Thanks
    Paul_d
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aqualine, and Sears, were brand names for the Valley product line. All are now defunt, and parts are getting a little harder to find, but go to any good plumbing store ( probably NOT the local box store ) and look for Valley handles.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A Delta single handle shower lever will work as a last resort, but the set screw will either be on the opposite side from the flat or the handle will be upside down.
  4. paul_d

paul_d New Member

Thanks for the replies, I will check out the Valley Products, and the Delta single handle
    Many Thanks
    Paul_D
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If your old handle was a round knob, a lever handle will seem to work backwards unless you understand that the "top" of the handle will point to the "temperature" range, not the lever itself. i.e., with a Delta handle you swing it to the counterclockwise for cold water, but a round handle rotates clockwise for cold.