Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Adjustment HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

canadatru

Reaction score
I just installed an Aquabrass thermostatic shower and am having a problem in adjusting the water temperature. No matter what I do in using the shower, the outflow water is either too hot or too cold, no in-between. The worst part is that when I slowly move the handle through various temperature stops to cool the water, it finally gets too cold, and then when I move it back it continues to be very cold at the same settings where it was too hot, and finally reaching a setting where the cold stops and jumps back to very hot. Please, please somebody help before I am committed to a lunatic asylum. Thanks a million in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No way to help you without being there to try to figure out why your adjustments are not working. BUT, the problem could be elsewhere and just showing up in the shower, which is why we would have to be there and do our own testing.

canadatru

Reaction score
Thanks hj, but the same unit installed in the other washroom is working fine, so it doesn't seem the problem is elsewhere. What else do you think it could be.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Two things to check/verify: make sure the hot and cold lines aren't backwards; make sure that there's nothing partially blocking the inlets (may have filter screens, or it could be in the checkvalve or possibly a pressure balance spool but it may not have one of those). If the flow from both hot and cold into the valve aren't fairly even, it's hard for it to adjust. If there's anything caught inside, it may be restricting the thermostatic cartridge's ability to move freely. It could be a bad cartridge, it may just be gunked up and can be cleaned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks