Apron Support for Sterling tub kit

Users who are viewing this thread

breensp

Reaction score
I have a Sterling 7112 series tub and wall surround kit. It was delivered without the apron supports. Sterling has been giving me the run around on getting the replacement parts and I do not have a lot of confidence that we will get the correct parts. There is absolutely nothing under the tub. My plumber says there is supposed to be fairly large assembly that goes underneath the tub. Sterling says I only need a couple of triangular shaped brackets.

does anyone have a picture of what should be there?
thanks
Sean

Last edited:

topshot

Reaction score
The Sterling apron brackets ARE triangular in shape. Not sure what your plumber was referring to.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

The tub should have a plastic substructure attached to it. Usually it is folded in half during shipping, that sits on the floor and the tub sits on it.

breensp

Reaction score
got it

thanks for the replies. After many calls sterling did finally send me 2 triangular brackets.

Fit up actually worked ok.

Several older threads that I saw talked about creaking and cracking sounds after the tub was installed. What we found out was there are thick molded pins that are part of the tub support that are supposed to sit on the floor. many of them had large molding sprues that kept the tub from sitting level. the sprues would also make cracking noises as they broke.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks