approved drain line material

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by BluesMan, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BluesMan

BluesMan New Member

So I called the local building inspector and talked to him about installing my water softener. I told him that I plan on draining the unit into the floor drain, and he is fine with that, but he said that I must have an air gap of a couple of inches, and I must use an approved material for the drain. He didn't elaborate much, and was in a hurry to get out the door to do inspections.

I was planning on using PVC....but can poly tubing be used?
  2. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

Poly tubing is fine ... but do you know where that floor drain goes? Does it just dump under the slab or does it head out into the woods. I would solve that mystery before using it.
  3. BluesMan

BluesMan New Member

The drain heads outside.....
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

quote; The drain heads outside.....

Don't they all? Where outside?
  5. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I think the guys your bought the softener from should be telling you what and how to do the drain. I do.
  6. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

I think the guys your bought the softener from should be telling you what and how to

Sounds like me when it comes to all these hydronics questions.