Anything wrong with this flange?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ZackMA, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ZackMA

ZackMA New Member

Bought this house a year ago, noticed a urine smell from the toilet so I replaced the toilet with a new one. Later I was still getting the smell so I called a plumber who came and said thte flange was not level with the tile floor, so he added some spacers and it was better (that was in oct/nov). Now that its warmed up again I notice the same smell coming from the toilet. Septic was pumped less than year ago.

I'm looking for ideas on what it could be before I call another plumber. I snapped this pic of the flange before the plumber added some spacers.
    Thanks!

Flange.jpg
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

If the toilet is being flushed after every use, my guess would be that someone has poor aim.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spacers

If NOT installed properly, spacers can BE the problem, rather than the cure.