Anything with O rings. Making an articulating faucet arm.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by geniescience, Dec 27, 2009.

1. I'm looking into making an articulating faucet arm. Like a pot filler, like a Kohler Karbon, like a Grohe Freehander.

Does anyone know a source for the joints? Anything with O rings.

Thank you!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

An articulating joint has to be carefully designed and machined. Not only must o-ring joints be machined to close tolerances, but the mechanical stresses on such a joint are extreme and must be planned for;
  3. AAnderson

AAnderson In the Trades

Why make one, if they are already available? Fisher is one source... The problem is going to be servicing this so unless you have a machine shop, I'd say stick to what is already on the market
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

arm

there are all kinds of articulated arms available already, so why would you want to reinvent the wheel? Not only that, but there are innumerable faucet with swing joint spouts which would NOT look like a handyman special when installed