Anyone used Gerber valves and trim kits for home baths/shower?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Charlette Davidson, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Charlette Davidson

Charlette Davidson New Member

Just ran across Gerber Wicker Park series w GH305 valve. Can't find review info anywhere. Is anyone familiar w/this brand. Solid brass,ceramic valve, reasonable price point and much heavier parts than big box or entry level Moen, Delta, Kohler. What is the inside info/quality on Gerber faucets?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Gerber is a brand name of Globe Union Industrial ( Chinese ) Faucet Company. The same company who brings you Glacier Bay, etc. The quality is actually decent for the price. The question is what happens 10 years from now when you need parts?

I don't object to skimping on a lav faucet, because it is not so traumatic to consider the whole thing disposable. But when I put in a shower, I would like to expect 20+ years out of that, until the next major remodel.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Gerber was a "tract level" faucet 60 years ago, and I do not imagine its quality has improved since then. I have not SEEN a Gerber faucet in over 50 years.