Anyone seen a one piece tub/surround like this one

Users who are viewing this thread

kbish

Reaction score
This coming spring I'm planning on gutting our (small) bathroom and redoing it all. Right now it's all 30 years old and nasty, there's mold that is becoming difficult to keep in check. We have a large family and (wife and I plus 5 kids ranging from 2yr-15yr) and this is our only bathroom so it sees a lot of use. We've been looking around a lot at Home Depot/Lowes/Menards at different tubs and surrounds trying to find something we like but so far it's just been seeing stuff that is just acceptable. That is until this past week when I had to do some work out of town and really like the one piece tub and surround that was in the bathroom of my hotel room. It was very solid as I didn't find anywhere on it that had any flex. I couldn't find any markings on it whatsoever though. Don't suppose anyone can ID it for me? Any reasons not to use a one piece?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 465

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ALmost ALL one piece tub and surrounds are "sturdy", the problem with using them for a remodel is getting them into the room and into place. And, since the keyword in your posting is "small" that could be a consideration.

kbish

Reaction score
ALmost ALL one piece tub and surrounds are "sturdy", the problem with using them for a remodel is getting them into the room and into place. And, since the keyword in your posting is "small" that could be a consideration.

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm completely gutting the bathroom (down to the studs), I have the benefit of being able to remove the door and any studs in order to bring whatever size tub in to the space that will make my wife happy.

Just to note, the size of the bathroom is roughly 8'x6'6"

JMac

Reaction score
I saw one similar to that at HD tonight; but I didn't look close enough that I noted the maker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks