Anyone recognize this Logo?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by biffnh, Jan 10, 2008.

1. biffnh

biffnh New Member

I need a new faucet cartridge for an 8" oc kitchen faucet and no one so far has been able to recognize the company logo on the faucet. I have had no luck trying to fix a constant drip. The customer said he purchased it at Home Depot (he thinks) about 5 years ago. All the plumbing supply places around us have not been able to match the cartridge or tell us the name of the company. Anyone out in cyberspace know the name?

Attached Files:

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The dome in the design looks to me to be Indian. If so, it is very unlikely a part exists. Sane would hold true for China and other third world countries. I thing you are looking a a new fixture.
  3. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Rule of thumb..for the cost of your time, if a customer cannot identify the faucet name over the phone...good idea to quote a price to replace with Delta or another common name the parts will be easily located later on.
    Have the replacement with you when you arrive, if the existing faucet is obsolete, you saved an hour or more driving around, or on phone calls.
  4. biffnh

biffnh New Member

Thanks

I thought that this must be from some obscure manufacturer, but aside from the fact that it has a slow drip, it is solid brass and even after five years of normal kitchen use it cleans up well and looks to be a quality faucet. New brass faucets appropriate for the soap stone sink so far have run upwards of $500. I have looked at Renovators Supply - any other recommendations for a source of faucets of this type - 8", brass, mixing for vertical mount? Thanks for the help.
  5. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

The This Old House crowd has multiple Q&A forums that might provide an answer.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

If you gave us a picture of the faucet itself, we might be able to recommend an alternative. And as far as parts, many third world faucets are clones of domestic brands so if we could see the mechanism, we might have a replacement suggestion.