Anyone have experience with Icera one-piece toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

pd27

Reaction score
I had never heard of an Icera toilet previously, but Costco just started selling them and now I've noticed they're even less expensive online at QualityBath. They have a few one-pieces models with 1000+ MAP scores. Has anyone ever installed one of these? If so, how's the quality and performance (flush/bowl wash)? What type of Fill do they use?

Flush Video:

Models: http://www.icerausa.com/cproductlist.php?categoryID=1

The Toto one piece's are much more expensive and have much lower Map ratings than their two-piece alternatives for whatever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
MAP testing has its place, but isn't a true indication of how well a toilet operates. The real stuff isn't plastic wrapped paste, which is what the MAP test uses. The designer of that test says anything over 500g is fine. The two-piece units are taller, so the water falls further, thus faster, so they tend to have higher scores.

No idea on that toilet. The bigger thing is if it uses proprietary parts...no guarantee you'll be able to find them when needed, which you will eventually. Another thing the MAP tests don't tell you is whether they splash your butt while seated (or the seat afterwards), and how well they handle skid marks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are many, many toilets at Big Box Stores that cost less than Toto. They're commonly called ""builder grade". Heck, you can buy a complete toilet in a box for $100. So, if it's cheap you want, no problem. There are the ones pros like Terry and Redwood love because they get paid to take them out and install a Toto after the owners get tired of their poor performance.

Plumbing Guru

Reaction score
All icera toilets have a non stick anti microbial surface. Non of the parts are propitiatory. All are ADA, elong and include thee seat, supply, mounting ring and bolts.

Plumbing Guru

Reaction score
Yes.

The company has been in business since 95 making toilets for other well known mfgs.
They are a family owned company who are very responsive to the customers needs.
They are probably the best flushing 1.28 gallon flushing toilet in the market and are available at many plumbing showrooms in the US.
Their styles range from contemporary to traditional with matching pedestal sinks or lavatory bowls. One should NOT be afraid to buy it.

GothamSalesGroup

Reaction score
Hi, All. I am currently representing Icera in the New York market as a manufacturer's rep. I've had several distributors purchase one as a test model and then, almost immediately, place a stocking order after experiencing how well they flush. Yes, they are all ADA height and the majority of them are one piece toilets, packaged with a wax-free ring, supply hose, bolts and soft-close seat. You can see their flushing video on their website at www.icerausa.com. It's very impressive! Mr. Toilet and the Plumbing Guru have giving a lot of helpful info here. As far as selling to Costco, Icera has just begun to market their Riose toilet at a select few locations. This will be the only model to be sold at Costco, the rest of the models can be purchased at Bath & Kitchen distributors throughout the country. In addition, parts are readily available from their location in California. As I see it, there are three things one looks for when purchasing a new toilet: one that flushes great, at a great price, offering a variety of styles. Icera has it all.

superduty

Reaction score
Icera toilets - any good?

I know Toto toilets have a great following and are highly recommended. That said anyone have experience with Icera toilets. They claim a 3" flush valve and 2 1/8 trapway. They also claim a microglaze surface. Then they have their Hyperior flushing technology. The last time there was any talk about Icera on this forum was in 2011. This leads me to believe these arent very good toilets.

They are markedly cheaper (in cost) from my wholesaler. About $150 cheaper per toilet when compared to the Toto Ultramax II.

http://www.icerausa.com/cproduct.php?productID=1

TIA

Jack

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
And when will you two actually lay eyes on one?

Having a 3" flapper doesn't mean it's an exact copy.
My car has four tires, so I guess it's an exact copy of a Ferrari. It even has disc brakes.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
And when will you two actually lay eyes on one?

Having a 3" flapper doesn't mean it's an exact copy.
My car has four tires, so I guess it's an exact copy of a Ferrari. It even has disc brakes.
Toiletfan1 on YouTube has a video of one. Look and see, it really does look like a copy of the Drake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks