Anyone have any experience with Black Box Network Services' products?

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Basement_Lurker, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Does anyone have any experiences with Black Box's cat5e and rg6 cable products?

thx
  2. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

Haven't used them but during our remodel I wired the house with structured wiring. It has two rg6 lines and a cat5 cable all wrapped together. You can buy all different combinations depending on what you want. I picked mine up from Ritz Camera of all places, it was the cheapest and free shipping.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP5542574.htm
  3. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

I've used Black Box products going back to the 60s, and been very happy with them. There are lots of suppliers of multifunction (so-called "structured" cable) distribution cable out there; libertycable is one of the biggies.
  4. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

5. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Thank you Livin4Real, you helped me to narrow down the product I was trying to find (composite structured cabling)! I really appreciate it!

And thank you Mikey, I am glad to know that they are a reputable company :)