Anyone have a Toto THU223#CP part hanging around?

Users who are viewing this thread

PirateFoxy

Reaction score
Our plumber broke one installing the toilet (which was a headache and a half, apparently Toto toilets are confusing?) and of course they discontinued it and replaced it with one that uses plastic caps that we just don't like quite as much.

I can't find any online to buy, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone has a secret plumber supply they can recommend?

It is part THU223 CP mounting hardware for the Aquia toilet.

(We got two Totos based on reviews here, the Vespin and the Aquia, and now that they are both installed right we are quite happy with them.)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They are only confusing if you don't read the directions. Time for a new plumber.

He should be embarrassed to be complaining, but I think it says all you need to know about his skill set that it's a "headache and a half" to install a toilet. Nope. Just different. Read the directions, please. Thank you.

Dang newfangled stuff that's only been around 20 years. :confused: Whippersnappers.

When your plumber finally gets it installed, I am confident that you should like it.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying that Toto offers a compatible replacement. You understand that part is hidden once installed, right?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think you are saying that Toto offers a compatible replacement. You understand that part is hidden once installed, right?

I think PirateFoxy is saying that there are some caps that show once installed and that they are plastic rather than porcelain-ish.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....ion-instructions-written-by-jamie-love.12606/

The older bowls had the chrome caps to hide the screwheads that held the Aquia bowl down. I see that the latest install I did had white plastic caps.
I do see a few places online that sell the kit you mention though.

aquia_install_fig_2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
The older bowls had the chrome caps to hide the screwheads that held the Aquia bowl down. I see that the latest install I did had white plastic caps.
IMG_6.png

Ahh... this little screw head cover. I found some products offered with this search engine search:
phillips screw head cover chrome

You might be able to find one to your liking if you can get the dimensions to match.

Last edited by a moderator:

PirateFoxy

Reaction score
I think PirateFoxy is saying that there are some caps that show once installed and that they are plastic rather than porcelain-ish.

Yup, exactly. Apparently reading the directions is too complicated so in addition to needing him to come out multiple times to get it installed right, which finally happened because my housemate stood over him and read the instructions to him, he broke one of the little caps so now we have one chrome and one with nothing. Which he didn't actually mention. We are very very not impressed.

Anyway, the new plastic ones are easy to find but we think the chrome ones look better so I figured we'd see if we could find some online. Most places seem to be out of stock, though. :( I managed to find a site this morning that claimed to have them, so I will see what turns up.

Both Toto toilets work now (mostly, the Aquia seems to have a refill issue intermittently which we need to investigate but I haven't bothered yet, if you take the lid off and give it a tap it works again for a while so it's not urgent) and we are quite happy with them.

The Aquia is acually slightly longer than the toilet that was in place previously, and yet somehow the room looks and feels larger, which is excellent because it is a small room to begin with. We also got the comfort height and that is working fabulously for our guests who don't have great knees. And of course no complaints about flushing power.

We also had a Vespin installed in the upstairs bathroom where we were having a horrible time with the toilet clogging if you looked at it funny (old house, old toilet?) which is how I ended up here, because I was looking for something that would flush reliably. It's been fantastic, no clogging problems at all, it is quite a relief to not have to stand there and watch to see if it gets clogged and needs to be plunged all the time. It took a while for the novelty of that to wear off.

Looks a lot nicer, too. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks