Anyone ever seen this type of fitting before?

Users who are viewing this thread

lars65inc

Reaction score
Do you know where I can get another one? Or do you know who makes it? I'd like to have a matching set. It seems like it has a 2-pc ferrule which is odd becuase it was installed on PEX. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Eric

Last edited:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
3/8IPS (iron pipe size)x3/8 compression,should be able to get it at any plumbing
supply house.Just buy two new ones as they only cost a couple of bucks each

Last edited:

lars65inc

Reaction score
None of the Plumbing supply houses I've been to can find that exact fitting. Sore you can find ones like it, but I need the exact same one. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your help! I know it's my first post...I hope to stick around and maybe contribute a little bit.

Eric

Mario

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Two part ferrule eh?

OK, I'm going to have to buy a vowel here...

Where exactly and attached to what did you you find this thing?

The two part ferrule sounded familiar, then I remembered a fitting used on the pilot light tube for a gas valve.
Not the same thing, but that still may mean a two part ferrule is meant to be used on fuel lines.

I doubt it was made to be used on PEX.
Maybe it was intended to be used on metal hydraulic lines or a fuel system of some kind like propane equipment maybe?
You could check with an auto parts store or a supply house that specializes in boiler equipment and hydraulics.
I have to admit, I'm not sure.

I wish I'd never looked at that picture now...
I'll be thinking about that crazy thing for the next week.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can use (nearly) any compression fitting on pex IF you use the proper reinforcement fitting INSIDE the pipe to support it. Otherwise, you risk a joint failure...it really needs to be compressed between two rigid pieces. The ones I've seen are a lipped ss tube you push in the end, then assemble the compression fitting as you would on copper.

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what the project is.

Personally I would chuck out that short bit of PEX and replace it with a section of chromed soft copper. Then any old 3/8 compression fitting would work fine. I think I'd also swap out that valve for a ball valve while I was messing with it.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's a 3/8 male x compression - chrome plated. Common fitting, even Cheepo deepooooo should have them in the wrong bin somewhere where they can't be easily found.

lars65inc

Reaction score
I don't think it's an A-Lok. Most of the instrumentation stuff I've dealt with has a 2pc ferrule and both of them are metal. The black part is a rubber and has the brass part above that.

It's not really a project. I'm more closely looking at figuring out what this part is. No one in the south florida area can seem to figure out what this thing is.

Thanks again guys!

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
It looks like a fitting from a designer type faucett I'm curious if the compression part is slightly larger that the 3/8 compression. If so, it may be a metric size for adapting European faucets to American standards

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks