Anyone doing much mowing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparking5

Electrician, JIW
Reaction score
Just curious, anyone doing much mowing currently? :)
Now that I think about it. I actually have mowed once in January & another time in Feb. I was late w/ my last mow of season and the other I was mulching/chopping up yard debris at a foreclosed house i just bought. I live in the midwest.

I'm also known for occassionally mowing well after dark w/o lights. Get good night vision after a few minutes and a full moon helps too!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you can see enough to mow after dark try golfing.

R

Rancher

I heard you can get pretty good tee times after dark... but you end up spending more $$ on lost balls...:D

Rancher

Entropy

Reaction score
sparking5 said:
Just curious, anyone doing much mowing currently? :)
Now that I think about it. I actually have mowed once in January & another time in Feb. I was late w/ my last mow of season and the other I was mulching/chopping up yard debris at a foreclosed house i just bought. I live in the midwest.

I'm also known for occassionally mowing well after dark w/o lights. Get good night vision after a few minutes and a full moon helps too!

:eek:
Spent 3 hours shoveling the driveway the other day. Right now there is enough snow out on my lake I can't even get my ice hut to move.

I did however rebuild my weed wacker 2 weeks ago, winter is good for maintenance :)

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I personally don't mow my lawn at all. My service mow bi-weekly during the winter months. :D But I'm sure you didn't want to hear about my winter. ;)

Sparking5

Electrician, JIW
Reaction score
I did run the snowblower for several hours on Valentine's Day. First time this winter.

FloridaOrange...I suppose you live in Florida? :) I see Jacksonville & Orlando may break low temp records tomorrow. At least we in the north get a break from mowing to snowblowing.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Went to a meet and greet with a bunch of guys on a local forum. It was snowing just enough that I could see it in my headlights on the way back home last night... too bad you guys don't have Alabama weather. Grass was green and growing good until we started having below freezing weather a couple of weeks ago.... glad to see some serious cold weather... helps get rid of the bugs. Last year I don't remember it ever getting below 20 at all. This year we've had several days of temps below 20... low for tonight is 27...but this coming week we are almost having spring like temps. I'll be outside working in my tees & blues. Oh yeah... one of the guys we met last night is a yankee from Pa and Delaware areas... he was in shorts and a tee shirt while I was wearing sweat pants & shirt under camouflage pants, a jacket, and heavy canvass hunting coat. Felt like an idot sitting around a camp fire drinking cold beer, eating wild boar, and it 25 degrees at night, on the side of the lake, and the wind howling.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
sparking5 said:
FloridaOrange...I suppose you live in Florida? :) I see Jacksonville & Orlando may break low temp records tomorrow. At least we in the north get a break from mowing to snowblowing.

South Florida. Hasn't snowed here since 1997 I think. We do get cold (or coldish - occasional 30's, 40's are more common) but it doesn't last much longer than a week at a stretch.

I grew up in NJ and spent a couple years in Germany (army brat). I do not miss the snow at all.

We may mow year round but it's worth it - I've spent many New Year days in shorts and out on the boat.

ChrisNJ

Reaction score
snowing

I live in jersey and its snowing quite nicely as I type this. I can't wait ot start mowin :D

Sparking5

Electrician, JIW
Reaction score
RUGGED said:
I want the time change more than I want to see grass mowing.

I'm so tired of the dark. I appreciate the sun greatly. Hate working in the dark.

Hey, aren't we going into daylight savings time 3 weeks early this year to save on utilities? Yippy! Will it be different for fall too?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks