American Standard Cadet floor mount, rear outlet, Anybody recognize this toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Muller

Reaction score
It's supposed to be American Standard. Does the tank match the bowl? Useable china?

Thanks.

toilet.jpg
toilet 3.jpg
toilet 2.jpg
toilet 4.jpg

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That would be the rear outlet version of the American Standard Cadet.
Could be from around 1971
At least five gallon flush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Depending on the year made. If made between the 1960's-70s it would be about 5.0 GPF (give or take) and if made in the 80s, 3.5 GPF.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look on the inside of the lid. Manufacturing dates are frequently stamped in there. Best guess is, you have a water hog.

ehilton

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the rough out height of this toilet is? I have the exact same one in our home and need to replace with an efficiency rear outlet toilet.

Looks like these rear outlet toilets come in 4" and 7" rough outs and I'd rather not pull the toilet out to measure as the replacement is special order and will take a week!!

I used my tape measure, it is 4" to the bolts on the wall, but the outlet looks to be above the bolts (and looks to be about 7" from floor to what looks to be the outlet shape) - see Alan's first photo above. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ed
Truckee, CA

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The American Standard Yorkville, which is a floor mount, rear outlet, uses a flange placed 4" above the finished floor.

yorkville_flange_rough.jpg

Last edited:

ehilton

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. Would this be the same rough out height for the older 70's era toilet in this thread? I attached a photo of mine. Notice the bolts on the wall look to be lower than where the center of the outlet is...or what looks to be where the outlet is.
Thanks!
Ed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks