Anybody know this toilet? - Kohler UPC T82 K4512

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Olduvai, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Olduvai

Olduvai New Member

I moved into a new place a few months ago and I've been having constant problems with the toilet clogging up. My landlady thinks it's a problem with the sewer line, but I think it's just a really lame toilet that doesn't have a powerful flush.

I'd like to find out if other people have had problems with the same toilet, but I don't know the model name. All I have is this information that's printed on the inside of the tank:

Kohler Co. UPC T82
    K4512 1.6 GPF
    20451 KB3

The flushing mechanism inside the tank says "Fluidmaster."

Does anyone have an opinion about this toilet, or an idea of where I could find a review or a rating?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

It could be either. I have a customer with 4 Kohler toilets, (I don't know if they are the same model or age of yours), and 3 work perfectly and the fourth is continually plugging up. Hers has a triangular "port" inside it that catches paper creating a logjam effect.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Kohler Wellworth Lite

The MaP testing didn't like this one.
    I pull them out often for my customers.
    There are better toilets out there.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  4. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Replace

My area gets poor performance from the Wellworth's and I don't install them. The design just doesn't seem to be good enough. I replace a couple a year and I hear of people taking them back to the Box Stores. For some reason the box stores seem to have more problems with their toilets of the same brand. I don't know how you can get the landlady to replace it because people don't understand that all toilets don't flush.
  5. breplum

breplum Member

That model is renowned for its poor flush. Call Kohler and complain. If you are lucky they may offer a credit...but most wholesalers are reticent to deal with the credit. IF you are forced to use a Kohler credit, Kohler's Wellworth lite 'comfort height' models do flush well. In fact one member of my family could clog either of our Toto Drakes but has never clogged our Kohler Wellworth Comfort Height toilet...too bad her feet don't hardly touch the floor.