Any source for determining bowl height?

Users who are viewing this thread

GeoInMo

Reaction score
My wife and I have reached the age where we would like to have taller toilet bowls. Ours measure about 14" not counting the seat. I cannot find specifications on bowl height anywhere. Can someone help me?

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Best way is to pick a brand of toilet and go to their website for the specs. For instance, you could go to Toto here: http://www.totousa.com/Products/Toilets.aspx

They have some options to filter the choices based on bowl shape, flush rate, etc. If you check the "ADA Compliant" box, that will return the taller bowl results. Once you find one that you may be interested, click on it for more detail. There will also be a tab called "Downloads & Resources". Click that and you can download the spec sheet for that toilet and get all of the dimensions.

BTW: the price listed on the Toto site is usually a fair amount higher than what the toilet will actually cost you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For Toto:

F = 16-1/8"
L = 16-1/2"

Universal or Comfort is 16-1/8"

ADA is 16-1/2" or taller

If you add a seat to a 16-1/8" bowl, it will meet ADA requirements.
The seat adds one inch.

American Disabilities Act

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks