Any shot at passing inspection?

Users who are viewing this thread

eagleslawyer

Reaction score
Check out the pictures I took. I wanted some opinions before I glued them up. I went and checked the code out of the library. The only thing I think may get me on is that I have two joint of my vents actually in the floor space. (it's 1/12 inches thick). The top joint on el is in that space so I can get my 1/4 in per foot fall.

I used galvo straps for hangers. Do I need to use clevis types? How about riser clamps when the pipes pass through a floor?

Unfortunately cant figure out how to make the pictures small enough to fit here. Check out the photos here. http://photos.yahoo.com/eagleslawyer

eagleslawyer

Reaction score
all opinions appreciated

I also need to get a shower valve. I understand press balanced valves are the code. Any recomendations?

Jrejre

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have been very happy with my Moen (Moentrol) pressure balanced valves.

I had 2 in my house I installed in my first house (installed in 1980) and decided to put them in my current home (2 units again). I have never had any problem, ever with any of the 4 I have owned.

Remember to remove the cartridge when installing it. It's one big piece of brass and gets very hot during installation.

http://www.moen.com/Consumer/productcatalog/product_information.cfm?skurefno=178084

eagleslawyer

Reaction score
Its sat. and i'd like to start glueing

advice on the layou tin the pictures is greatly appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
layout

Without knowing how your inspectors feel about horizontal vents under the floor, we cannot really give an evaluation. In this area it would be turned down unless there were a sink, or similar, connected to the vent above the floor, and your pictures do not give any insight into what is above the floor. I must say you have used an awfully lot of fittings. If this is all dry fitted together then I hope you have all the pipes to the bottom of the fitting sockets so you don't wind up a couple of inches short by the time it is all glued together, and if the pipes are all the way in, that you do not have too much trouble pulling them apart.

Last edited:

eagleslawyer

Reaction score
Its two shower pans side by side

One pan is for a shower and the other is for a stacked washer and dryer. One pan will have a washing machine drain in addition to a floor drain. Then there is a pedestal sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks