Any real advantage to soft water resin rinse?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by bgauweiler, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bgauweiler

bgauweiler New Member

Is there any real benefit to regenerating with softened water (from a second tank)? Several manufactures specifically mention this feature of there system as a way to increase resin life and save water and salt.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

If you are talking about a twin system, yes there can be some benefits if the water has high iron and hardness to clean the out going tank with the on coming tank.
    One also gets to use the most of a tank before the change thus using less salt over the long term of the system

What is the water test of your water?
  3. bgauweiler

bgauweiler New Member

I'm on municipal water supply (so I do not think I have a iron problem). Water hardness is 20 Grains. It's just the wife and me in the house now so I'm looking at a 26 or 32K system. I do like the idea of not having to have a full day of reserve capacity possibly wasted (as with a single tank design). Anyone have any experience with vortech tank design?
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Have not seen them around here, but in the books from my suppliers... the one that I deal with the most and I are of like mind, we are staying away from it..
    Some may like it but for what I am doing with the turbulator it will not work.