Any Ides For Sound Insulation of PVC Drains?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by molo, Jul 14, 2010.

1. molo

molo New Member

I need to insulate some PVC bathroom drain lines that are in the ceiling above a bedroom. I'm hoping to find a solution that doesn't require me to spend alot of money for 5' of pipe. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Roxul insulation.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I assume this means the room is already finished. If the pipe overhead is noisy, then the pipe in the wall may also be, once you eliminate the sound from overhead, which is probably "masking" it.