Any idea where I can find this stem?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by joe979xx, Jul 19, 2013.

1. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

See the attached photo. The stem is about two inches long. It's part of a bathroom faucet. There is no name on the faucet. The local suppliers had ones that were close but none that were exact.

All the faucets in the bathroom look to be a similar make. They have UPC stamped on them, although this one does not.

BTW, here is my shower faucet and I have same leak problem as named in the post:
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/sho...-help-with-shower-valve-cartridge-replacement

Thanks,
    Joe in Staten Island

Attached Files:

• stem.jpg
      stem.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

This is a case where a picture of the handle MIGHT help identify it.
  3. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

See other photo below of whole faucet. 20130720_132344.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

j.jpg Another pic...
  5. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

I'm gonna call this place: http://www.arpny.com/ They are highly recommended.

How do describe the stem?

Just in case, are there any "MEGA" plumbing parts stores in NJ that are is close to Staten Island?

Thanks for your help.

Joe
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  6. asktom

asktom Member

Talking won't do it. Tell them how long the cartridge is and how many splines there are on the broach where the handle goes on but also send them a picture of your ceramic disc cartridge next to a ruler.
  7. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

20130721_143308.jpg

It has about 24 splines.

It's for the hot water.

To open it -- it's about a half turn, counter clockwise.

It closes clockwise.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

I finally found out the maker of the faucet(support at Altmans Products identified it for me) It's Huntington Brass . I emailed Huntington the photos and said they would send me the stem for free.

Huntington Brass Kitchen Faucets Platinum Series - WYKT12BL - Wyndamere - Satin‏
    http://www.huntingtonbrass.com/PlatinumDetail.aspx?ProductID=1193
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Huntington Brass stems seem to be either Glacier Bay or Delta depending on the model.