Any idea how I can remove this shower pan?

Users who are viewing this thread

ibisboy1

Reaction score
This house was built in the late 70's.. Not sure how to remove. I have seen the drain types where you use a key but nothing like that here.

cid:C1DA8C33-D002-4332-A184-681D8FE3A328

Attachments

• showerpan.JPG
    showerpan.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,527

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
This house was built in the late 70's.. Not sure how to remove. I have seen the drain types where you use a key but nothing like that here.

cid:C1DA8C33-D002-4332-A184-681D8FE3A328

to better asses removal method its good to know whAt you plan to do after removal? are you attempting to salvage your waste outlet?

i usually remove those prefabs by sawzall. i carefully cut the riser flange ring as close to the O.D. of the waste pipe on both or three sides, then carfully pry it off.

you can first cut a circle around the drain area and remove fiberglass pan or just do it all at once.

again whats the bigger scope of future drain...?

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Looks a little like a lead shield in there.

index.php

Are you installing a new shower pan or a new shower drain and custom pan?

Make sure you block the waste line before you start banging shit around.

ibisboy1

Reaction score
I used a drill to put a few holes in the pan and the took a sawmill and cut around the drain. The pan came up, but, the flange and pipe are still there. Not sure where to go from here. I just want to make the area look clean (remove the flange and cap the pipe). I will let the next owner work out what they want to do with the area. I will send some additional pics of how it looks later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks