Any experiences with Kohler Purist shower doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

nwxboxman

Reaction score
Looking to install one of these for our bathroom remodel...wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with these.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I installed a Kohler door, but I don't remember the model or series. I was not very impressed with the design or execution (fit). Not only that, the factory strung me around for nearly 6-months in delivery! Every time we called, they said it would be shipped in 2-3 weeks. As I said, about 6-months later, it arrived. I should have cancelled the order and bought something else, but I was out of town weeks at a time in between, and it made it hard to look around or do something else. Wish I had, though. The factory excuses after awhile were almost comical - one of which was that they couldn't get the glass (plain, clear, glass).

Racer814

Reaction score
I installed a kohler frameless bypass door a couple weeks back ...don't remember the model.......no problems with the design of the unit or the install.....went very well......had it installed and caulked in a little under an hour..

Racer814

Reaction score
chubyball said:
racer 814,
can you post of pics of your framless tub doors?
sorry, I didnt see this before and no, I don't have any pictures of the installation....I don't even remember the model, only that it was a Kohler and it was a frameless.....seemed to be pretty good quality...customer had the door already on site....feel free to pm me if you have any questions about your install....that is if you didn't do it already:D

Pheran

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else has any thoughts on these. I'm thinking about getting one for a bathroom remodel - looking at this model Thanks!

it's a Kohler Purist 702011-L-SH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Pheran said:
Edit: Darnit, apparently I'm not allowed to link to Home Depot. Anyway, it's a Kohler Purist 702011-L-SH.

Some built-in filtering is an absolute necessity on a forum like this, or you quickly become overun by spam. Good example of filter backlash is the word for an expert in some field....I will spell it with commas between letters so it will post. Simple word: s,p,e,c,i,a,l,i,s,t Very simple and innocuous word.... but notice the name for a certain popular men's drug which just happens to appear within this word. The filters will catch this.

Besides the spam issue, Terry Love is in the plumbing supply business. He PAYS THE BILL to sponsor this wonderful forum, so is entitled to NOT advertise for the competition.

Usually, there are few issues with these minor inconveniences, and it is a small price for the rest of us to put up with.
Thanks for your understanding.

FatDaddy

Reaction score
I installed a KohlerFluence R702200-G54-SHP

recently. It was a Bypass frameless door in a newly tiled bath enclosure. I was very nervous about drilling and cutting but if a dope like me can do it,anyone can.
The big issue was locating the door! To avoid the drillling I wanted the tension mount but it is apparently a special order.Kohler,in my opinion,has serious distribution issues but that may be because they are in a tough business OR I am in a horrible area.
Anyway.It was a lay-up. You just have to be very careful to follow ALL directions and in the end I saved a couple of hundred dollars over,say,Mr. Shower Door. Perhaps more,because the glass is pretty nice.
Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks