Any body have opinioins of AS Cadet III? Flush capacity wash down reliability etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

TeXan

Reaction score
Anbody with experience or opinions of the American Standard Cadet III The price is favorable and flush looks good on youtube. Would like opinions of flush capability and washdown along with reliability. Thanks in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....3-three-toilet-consumer-product-review.11570/

Their quality has risen over the years since they began production on it.
I use it sometimes as a low end entry level toilet.
The rinse has not always been very even.

cadet_pro_10c.jpg

I do prefer the A/S Cadet 3 over their Champion.

Last edited:

TeXan

Reaction score
Gracias I haven't been pleased with the wash down of the toto. especially the Drake II The regular drake and eco drake are better IMHO. the video of the CadetIII looks good but the videos can trick a guy.

TeXan

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, Thanks for sponsoring the forum. It is great to talk to other people to hopefully learn from them rather than by the old method, learning from our mistakes. Have a great week!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You would probably get more bang for the buck from the Toto Entrada, which has a very favorable "street" price much lower than the silly list price.

melman

Reaction score
I just bought two AS Cadet Pro's from the local supply house to replace my 1993 Crane's which came with the house (one of the tanks spontaneously cracked the other night, I have no idea why, and thank God I was home at the time).

I pulled all the part numbers and spec sheets for the Cadet's internal parts. Comparing to the equivalent version of the Cadet 3, the Pro lists additional features of "Robust metal trip lever & metal shank fill valve" (indeed, it has the version of the Fluidmaster 400 fill valve with a brass shank), a "Trade exclusive tank", and the part numbers for bowls and tanks are different. How else should I expect the Pro version to be better? Just curious.

melman

Reaction score
Are there any specifics that you've noticed in the quality level of the Pro version (I've seen comments here that maybe the big-box stores get the quality rejects off the production line). The part numbers are different for both the bowl and the tank so they are actually different designs? Or maybe not. Just wondering if there are any technical differences that aren't obvious.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks