Any advice on my dining room wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
One of the walls in our dining room appears to be bowing somewhat.
I would try knocking on the wall at the bulge, and also above and below. Is it more hollow sounding at the bulge or is it more solid sounding at the bulge compared to a few feet above and below?

kissiffer4

Reaction score
Ha, I was gone quite a while wasn't I! I haven't cut open the wall...yet, but thought I would post another photo. Trying to decide if it has worsened or looks exactly the same. I did discover that if I press against the bulging area you can push it down a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_6565.JPG
    IMG_6565.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 138

kissiffer4

Reaction score
Just to add, I think the upstairs toilet might be sitting directly above that part of the roof. Difficult to tell exactly.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
My guess is the drywall guys toqued down the drywall when installing and the screws have now punched through the paper letting go of the drywall. Or happened at the time of installation. You have a dimple showing up by your ceiling in your photo. The paint might be hiding more. You might be able to check using a magnet to find some of the screws in the bowed area. Probably there would be soft spots where the magnet sticks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks