Antisiphon valves downstream of reduced pressure backflow device

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by inspirascapes, Jul 9, 2007.

1. inspirascapes

inspirascapes New Member

Is it ok/safe/acceptable to use antisiphon valves downstream of a reduced pressure backflow device(RP device)? The reason to do this is that, with the situation I'm dealing with, the antisiphon valves are already there as the functioning valves, but are at the bottom of the slope they are servicing, and thus are improperly and illegally positioned. If they are safe to use with an RP device I would rather use them, instead of replacing them with some inline valves, which would be the normal valves to use with an RP device. So whether I replace the antisiphon valves with inline valves, I will in either case be using an RP device.

Thank you all for your attention
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

You may get someone with more expertise that I have to answer this, but IMHO, you should be OK.
  3. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

I second that, RPZ's only kick in when there's a surge on the outlet side...so any potential loss in pressure due to the anti-siphons shouldn't be a problem.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valves

You can have as many anti siphon devices in the line as you wish, as long as you have at least proper one.
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

As long as you use the RPZ, anything downstream of it is more or less immaterial. Go nuts.