Anti-Siphon Overflowing!

Users who are viewing this thread

catrail73

Reaction score
I had a leaking valve and replaced the entire piping assembly and two valves after too much troubleshooting. I installed two new Lawn Genie 3/4" Anti-Siphon valves. One zone works fine, the second is a problem. The second valve, when turned on manually and / or electronic - the valve starts dumping water from under the cap opposite the diaphragm end. The sprinklers barely pop up. Is this likely the 6" rule I have read on other posts? Both valve sets are level w/ ea. other, but I'm wondering if this is the problem?

Whats the best way to troubleshoot? I should have spent the $60/hr for a technician!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This it a good DIY project. Most people I know who hold themselves out as "landscape technicians" are not worth $60 per hour.

If water is leaking when the valve is turned ON, this is NOT the 6" rule ( and actually it is a 12" rule). This is a simple matter of the poppet stem is not sealing. Disassemble the poppet side, clean out any debris, and if necessary replace the poppet. HD stocks all the parts needed to overhaul your Lawn Genie.

The reason your heads do not come up is that you are losing all your pressure at that leaking poppet. Fix that and all will be well.

catrail73

Reaction score
Thanks...I will look at the stem...is the poppet side the side opposite the diaphragm? The "cap" side? The valve is brand new out of the box....but I guess anything is possible!

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks