Ant Hills

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
On my walk areas, I have ant hills. I have tried numerous things and to no avail I can't get rid of them. Has anyone dealt with these and have any success in ridding them? It is bad enough I got black ants in the house, let alone going outside and have these about every foot apart for 20 feet. These are really difficult.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Boric Acid avaliable at hardware stores...not Borax...it is cheap..

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Mix 1/4 cup boric acid and 1/4 cup sugar and use that...it will work...some add grease left overs also fro the little sweet and grease eating ants and form little muffins for them to eat...:D

Cookie

Reaction score
You want me to cook for them? I am trying to get rid of them not get them to bring over friends & relatives.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had good results sprinkling diatomaceous earth around.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
sprinkle black pepper in or around the ant hills and see how long they stay away before the next rainfall

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks