Answer buy a new one??

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by VAwife, May 7, 2007.

1. VAwife

VAwife New Member

We have a toilet that we've plunged and used an auger on and got no where. It has a very slow drain and will not get rid of anything solid. I called a plumber and they also snaked it and got no where. His answer to me was "you need a new toilet and I can install one now for you". Is this a real answer? Will replacing the toilet take care of the clog? There use to be children living in this house and I'm willing to bet there's a toy caught somewhere in there - I can't imagine replacing the toilet would take care of that? Any recommendations on next steps would be appreciated. I obviously said no to the install a new toilet.

Thanks!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Well, I've had the same thing.
    One year I had an American Standard Cadet in one of the bathrooms.
    Worked well for several months, then bam!
    It kept plugging.
    I plunged, augered, took it outside in the yard and augered, got fed up and replace it.

If you have a toilet that constantly plugs, that an auger can't seem to clear, well, then replacement could be an option.
    I don't know how much you want to pay a plumber to work with something that he can't get a good result with.
  3. VAwife

VAwife New Member

Thanks Terry - sounds like I'm buying a new toilet. Of course that's another bath I want to 'upgrade' so it will be new toilet, vanity, tiles yada yada yada.

PS I like the new picture! What a difference! :p :D