Another WASTE pipe question

Users who are viewing this thread

tl2tl

Reaction score
Looks like a short vertical "T" section has rusted through.

There is no leaking and no smell for now, but I figure it's only going to get worse, so I'd like to do something about it sooner rather than later.

The top and bottom pipes have no give. I also don't think the capped "T" will be used in the future but I'd like to replace it with same set up just in case.

What are my options in replacing this piece?

P1110784R.jpg

P1110785R.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CI is quite heavy, and there are some concerns (and some places forbid) installing pvc with CI above because of the weight on the plastic part. Plumbing like that is built from the ground up, so cutting a piece out of the middle means supporting the upper pieces very well, or it could drop and severely injure you and damage the house.

If you locale allows it, you could crack out back beyond the hubs, and insert equivalent pvc pieces using no-hub connectors and short stubs of pvc. If not, you might crack it out and install new hubless CI pieces, again using no-hub connectors. You might want to consider a pro for this...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
billy

Seriously, is there anything he does not have? And if there is, do you really need it, because obviously if he is not hawking it, it must not be the greatest thing ever invented.

tl2tl

Reaction score
Funny, after I opened this thread, I actually thought of using Billy Mays's epoxy! :D
Do they sell something similar in the stores?

The good thing is that the upper section is actually "S" shaped and RESTS on that stone wall, so it will not need to be supported and cutting the "T" out will not bring the house down.

Does anyone have pictures or links to the connectors/fittings that will be required for this job just in case I decide to tackle this myself some day?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks