Another Toilet venting question

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Squints2See, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Squints2See

Squints2See New Member

Hello,

I searched the forums but couldnt real find an answer. Im installing a toilet in a new basement bathroom and am hoping to find another way of venting without busting up concrete. There is already a toilet flange installed in the concrete slab. It is only 12" away from the main drain line that goes out of the house. I am wondering if I could vent it by teeing off of the 3" drain that feeds the upstairs bath fixtures. Where I would tee off of this drain is only about 30" from the flange. Is this possible? There is nothing upstream from the toilet if this makes any difference. I've include a pic:

[​IMG]

If this wont work, is there any other options for venting the toilet without busting up concrete?

Thanks for your help,

Todd
  2. Squints2See

Squints2See New Member

bump........
  3. Squints2See

Squints2See New Member

nobody knows?????
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

If a proper vent was not placed in the toilet pipe when it was installed, then there is no way to do so without breaking the concrete floor. Just putting a new pipe somewhere in the system does not automatically vent the toilet.