Another thread asking advice on disposal setup

Users who are viewing this thread

NAPP

Reaction score
Alright...I have looked through most of the threads posted on this subject and I have a lot of useful info. I am pretty handy and I feel that I can do this pretty easy.

I would really like anyone that is willing to take a look at the setup I have and let me know what parts I should go and buy to complete this install. Should I stay with the black pipes or are the thinner white ones just as good. I am installing the Badger 5XP like many others on here.

Attachments

• PICT4304.JPG
    PICT4304.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 321
  • PICT4303.JPG
    PICT4303.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 307

NAPP

Reaction score
So it IS cool to use the white pipes instead of the black? The illustration stated to use the heavier black pipe at the back where it goes in the wall. Any ideas why they used the black to begin with?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would cut the ABS (black pipe) where it comes out of the wall and get a 1 1/2 inch male adapter that you glue into the ABS. This will allow you to convert over to the white PVC that you see in the photo. You will only have to glue in one piece. The rest will screw together. You will probably need a hacksaw to cut some of the extension pieces to the correct size. Use your mitre box for these cuts. Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks