Another shower valve mystery

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by piotrk, Dec 12, 2013.

1. piotrk

piotrk New Member

Hi everyone! I'm another first-time poster with a shower valve mystery that our local plumber wasn't able to solve. Can anyone identify this valve so that we can find a replacement cartridge? The only identifying markings I could spot are on the pipe (?) behind/under the left attachment point, but they're impossible to make out. The shower was likely installed around 2001 or 2002 if that helps. From previous posts, it appeared that it might be a Grohe or Hansgrohe, but I couldn't find a match in their catalogs. Help please? Thanks.

IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1605.JPG
  2. piotrk

piotrk New Member

Bump... Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any more pictures I can take to help identify the valve? I really need folks' expert help on this one... Thanks!
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It's the kind of thing that we might need a picture of the actual cartridge and its bottom side. The valve body is distinctive enough that if someone were familiar with that brand they could identify it, but I have not encountered one like that so far.