Another Moen Positemp question

Users who are viewing this thread

JerryR

Reaction score
The master bathroom in my daughter's house has a Moen Positemp shower valve. When the handle is turned fully clockwise (6 o'clock position) to turn off the water, the water continues to slowly run. If you slightly turn the handle counterclockwise to the 5 o'clock position the water stops.

I haven't had it apart yet. Any ideas on the cause or fix?

I have a 1225 cartridge if I need to replace it but I hate these since they can be a pain to remove.

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
need to replace the cartridge - with a 1222 if its a posi-temp

moen1222.jpg

Moen replacement 1222 for the Posi-Temp Shower Valve

Last edited by a moderator:

JerryR

Reaction score
need to replace the cartridge - with a 1222 if its a posi-temp

moen1222.jpg

Moen replacement 1222 for the Posi-Temp Shower Valve

Thanks Mike,

Got it. I have a 1222 on hand also.

I was hoping that it was a simple issue with the plastic stops or something that didn't require the cartridge removal.

The last Positemp 1222 I replaced took LOTS of effort to remove. Fortunately I have the Moen removal tool so I can twist the core and pull the stem at the same time.

Without the tool I was unable to budge it free.

posi-stem-stop-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks