Another insufficent pump pressure question

Users who are viewing this thread

Bonnan

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine if my second hand Sears #390.2510 one pipe jet pump should be replaced. Lifting water ~10ft with 1 1/4 poly pipe to a bladder tank pre charged to 28#. System pressure builds up to 34 # max with pump running continuously. Pressure holds within a couple pounds over a week. Plup pump in and pressure returns to 32-34# same thing. Pumps internals look OK to me but is it worn out? Help is appreciated.

Bonnan

Reaction score
I'm going to remove it tomorrow and disassemble it on the bench again. See what I find........Thanks

Bonnan

Reaction score
Pumping only 34# means your jet nozzle is plugged up.

Sure enough, I had to completely disassemble this model Sears pump but I now over 50 psi. Thanks for all the info on this site.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Spent half a day trying to get a Tuthill diesel pump to get suction [8' max] and keep pumping [intermittent was the problem] through a bank of 4 filters and water seperators.

Installed in 2003, and really an amazing piecee of US engineering.

Finally discoverd tiny pieces of the flexible pick up hose blocking a small relief port that is spring loaded. Also a poor pick up screen.

Moral of story on suction pumps, Have a good screened pick up, to keep the jets inside clean, and suction side piping must be perfect.

Its a rotary vane pump. wonder how they would do on water?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks