Another closet flange post

Users who are viewing this thread

jmd1998

Reaction score
Hello. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and now have a question to post. I am a DIYer and did not do my research so I installed a tile floor before replacing the closet flange. Now, as you can expect, my closet flange which is screwed to the subfloor is appx 1/2" below the tiled surface. I purchased the quick-fix flange extenders but now am not sure if those would be my best option. The other option i am thinking is stacking 2 of the sani seal gaskets. The third option would be to use the 1/2" quick fix extender with wax between it and the original flange (which would bring the flange about flush with the floor) and then use a sani seal on top of that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I am thinking that your "third option" is very good. If you have doubts about the gasket on your extender being sufficient, a little wax or silicone grease on the gasket could be a good thing. It is probably needed.

Saniseal seems particularly good for those who might not get things just right the first time. Do use shims to make the toilet steady and level. If you end up lifting part of the base with shims, you will have the advantage that the Saniseal will conform to the movement.

The closet bolts will held down by the ring of the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks