ANOTHER - basement plumbing picture

Users who are viewing this thread

mazzonetv

Reaction score
Ok, I know everyone is bored, tired, maybe even annoyed =) at looking at basement DWV pics, but I have one more for you. I've been reading every post I can on the subject and hopefully someone could look at the pic below and let me know if I'm doing this right before I actually do it.

What you see (or don't see) in the back right of the pic is a 2" pvc pipe coming down along the back wall of my house from my top floor washing machine and floor drain. That 2" pvc is then tying into the 3" pvc coming up from the floor (yes, I have a cleanout there). That 3" PVC was originally there picking up the washing machine which was located in the basement - I moved it to the top floor and now want to put a 1/2 bath downstairs.

That 3" PVC I would assume runs straight down the lenght of my house before it ties into the 4" main somewhere under the slab. In any case, I laid out the fittings where I plan to install them and was hoping someone could just confirm that I'm doing this right. I basically have a 3" Y being installed on that 3" line, my next connection is a 3x2" Y which would pick up the sink and act as a vent for the toilet (that is the part I am the most unsure about). Directly into that 3x2 Y I have a 2" street 90 which will travel up to a 2" T - trap coming off of the branch of course and 2" vent coming off of that - running all the way up to the attic (the washing machine connection there previously was never vented). The 3" pipe continues to a 3" 45 and then there will be a 90 which will tie into my closet flange.

On a side note, the wall to the left of closet flange is my tenants apt, and he has a small kitchen in the apt. I have an 1-1/2" PVC pipe coming through the wall from his apt and it just ends in the ceiling. I'm assuming that the "dummy" plumber installed this pipe as a "dummy" vent just to pass inspection. I'm assuming I should tie that 1-1/2" pipe into my new 2" vent and take them both all the way up to the attic.

Thank you!!!
Matt

Attachments

• basement plumbin&#10.jpg
    basement plumbin&#10.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 480

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Other than NOT using a street ell at that location, (you need a long radius elbow there), your plan seems feasible, but we would want to see the actual installation afterwards to be sure you installed it exactly the way you described it.

mazzonetv

Reaction score
Thanks HJ - someone on another forum suggested turning the Y 90 degrees so the branch was facing up -what do you think? I was actually thinking about asking about using a long ell but I didn't have one handy to use for that mock up. The other thing I was thinking was seeing if I could use an AAV on that vent for a month or two until I break up my kitchen on the floor above - (I'll have access to the AAV from the wall behind which will be a closet) If I ran the vent to the attic now the wife would kill me for leaving a hole in the kitchen for two months..=)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks