Another American Standard shower valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

dmeray1

Reaction score
I am trying to rebuild the mixer valve on my tub and shower because of leaking problems. I could not get the handle off the tub mixer, so I drilled out the set screw and still could not get the handle off. Because I am replacing the stem, I cut the handle off. So I need a rebuild kit, stem and handle, but can anyone tell me what model this is? Are there pictures of how to rebuild the valve? I will finish the tub repair before I tackle the shower valve.
I can't load the photos cause they are too big. I will do it later. The house was built in 1965 by the way.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There were a lot of homes built in 1965, and they could have used any of several A/S valves. Without a model number or picture, there is absolutely no way we can answer either of your questions. But when you say "set screw" that may imply a push/pull valve in which case you have your work cut out for you to find a both a handle and stem, plus the rebuild kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks