Amtrak toilets

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jimbo, Oct 9, 2004.

1. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have been touring the country via train for the last week. NO clogs on the toilets. I dont know how they do it, but when you flush that thing it would suck a tennis ball thru a garden hose!. Shower pressure very low, but then I wasn't expecting the Ritz. I know how much you all missed me this last week! Right now, I am at the Acela Lounge at Boston South Station where they have internet terminals available for sleeper car passengers. I'll be back up on line in another week.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

amtrak

At least they have upgraded from the days when you could see the tracks going by under the toilet when you flushed it.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Not in Kansas anymore!

[​IMG]
    Returned to San Diego from my 16 day excursion. To keep in the spirit of the forum, the below link is a picture on me on my sleeper car and a picture of the in-room potty on the Viewliner cars.
    [​IMG]
    The other picture is on the Southwest Chief, which uses Superliner cars. These do not have the pot in the room. You have to go down the hall.

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=jimevapics&password=74277769
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004
  4. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Seat's Crooked

How come the seat's crooked? Did one of our tornadoes get it?