Americans, global warming, 100 degree heat, aging infrastructure

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Look what this man's garden grew! I want one of those gardens.

.....Man finds $150,000 in garden
..By Claudine Zap

Wayne Sabaj may have one of the greenest thumbs around. The unemployed Illinois man wandered into his garden and unearthed a crop of cash -- about $150,000 worth.

"Now what do I do with this?" Sabaj wondered.

As the old saw goes, money doesn't grow on trees. But sometimes it sprouts up in the garden. An unemployed man in northern Illinois was out working in his backyard when he came across some serious green: bags filled with $150,000 cash.

Wayne Sabaj was headed to pick some broccoli to go with his roast. The carpenter spotted duffel bags that looked like trash by the peppers -- but they turned out to be a cash crop: stacks of $20 bills that added up to about $150,000. The 49-year-old, who is living with his dad, did not exactly jump for joy.

The out-of-work carpenter told ABC7, "I could really use this money." But with this money comes trouble. He explained, "With my luck, it would be bank robbery and I'd get caught and say I'd robbed a bank."

So the honest man with money troubles alerted the police to his amazing backyard treasure.

For now, police haven't a clue to where the cash came from: There are no reported burglaries in the area, and no banks have been robbed.

Then there was the concern that whoever left the money behind would be back, and that's a problem the Sabaj men would rather have solved by the police.

If nobody comes forward to legitimately claim the cash, there may be a happy ending for the man tending his garden: Police will help figure out if Sabaj can keep the money. The carpenter has retained an attorney just in case.

For now, the cash is in custody with the country sheriff, who left behind a card on the lawn where Sabaj found the bags, bearing the simple message, please call.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
then, went by a tree and gave birth. :) never whimpered. Carried the child and the drywall 2 miles back to home, in the snow, barefoot.

You are quite the pioneer lady Cookie. and also a very good story teller. I guess that comes in handy selling real estate.

I like Ian's current new thread about hauling beer interstate.

Cookie

Reaction score
I call myself the pathfinder.

I tell wonderful stories. :) in all of them, their is always an element of truth but, you just got to know me to know where it is.

I will have to check out Ian's new thread maybe, add to it. ;)

You are quite the pioneer lady Cookie. and also a very good story teller. I guess that comes in handy selling real estate.

I like Ian's current new thread about hauling beer interstate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks