Americans, global warming, 100 degree heat, aging infrastructure

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Will have to start on a bigger composter machine... :) but, maybe, bigger tax deduction.

Cookie

Reaction score
I meant... for Ian to compost. I was speaking the King's English that is why it read like that.

Cookie

Reaction score
So, you are saying, Bob, they reuse the graves? Oh, how disgusting is that, ;) a bone house? what are watching on tv? I will have to ask Ian, if this is true before he gets composted.

No matter what my boss says, I will refuse to sell, list, or appraise a bonehouse. Especially, if Ian is still composting in it.

Cookie, how can you suggest composting Ian?:p he is still alive. In Europe, when I was there, I was told that bodies are only allowed to be buried for like 25 years or so, then they are dug up and the bones are placed in a bonehouse. How civilized and neat is that? That was in Switzerland, but they told me it is done in many countries in Europe.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So, you are saying, Bob, they reuse the graves? Oh, how disgusting is that, ;) a bone house? what are watching on tv? I will have to ask Ian, if this is true before he gets composted.

No matter what my boss says, I will refuse to sell, list, or appraise a bonehouse. Especially, if Ian is still composting in it.

Yes, the told me they reuse the graves because of the limited land left. Looked like loads of countryside to me when I was there. I don't think the very rich or famous there get dug up, but I'm not sure.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

Oh, I looked it up and its even CREEPIER YET! They use the bones to build/decorate the bone houses. http://www.cultureledger.com/creepy-bone-houses-europe/

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay, ... this is legal?
I mean, it is like morally unethical and ghoulish.
Very Halloween like... lol.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't have any idea! Let's see what Ian an Ballvalve may be able to add to this. I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I will ask my friends in Switzerland if is still practiced. On one of my visits there in the mid 90's or so, one of my friends there told me about it and his tone of voice led me to believe it is still done in Switzerland at least.

Cookie

Reaction score
See, if I was selling that ( which I would refuse to for no matter of $) I would write it up as:

A real charmer for those who delight in the after life. If dark shadows lurking in the still air, along with a faint smell of death hanging in the chilling darkness of the night is something which could entertain you, then this bone house is the place for you. Whispers of long-dead soldiers echoed with the sound of footsteps coming from nowhere are just one of the amenities this place has to offer. The flickering lights of the one of a kind man- made bone chandelier to the feelings of unease and forboding are perfect for those who like to experience life to a full circle. This is a true money-maker offering those a permanent residence when the time comes. Do not let this one elude you.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't have any idea! Let's see what Ian an Ballvalve may be able to add to this. I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I will ask my friends in Switzerland if is still practiced. On one of my visits there in the mid 90's or so, one of my friends there told me about it and his tone of voice led me to believe it is still done in Switzerland at least.

You mean Ian is going to read about composting him while alive? LOL.

I am outa here work is calling me. :)

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ok, if we can't touch your beloved F150 can we at least eliminate NASCAR and ban Country and Western music?

That should help reduce your CO2 emissions.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Ian is right that Americans are idiots when it comes to the big truck to haul leaves to a dump. A circle of pickets, old branches or old wire will take a years worth of grasss and branches and a handful of worms will make it drop in height an inch a week.

And you dont have to buy it back in a bag for 4$ full of newspapers and pallets. And 3 chickens will eat every damn Cheerio your kid did not and that lousy steak from last night, and give you brekfast for free.

I have renters on my creek that rake for days and BAG the pine needles and leaves into 1.35$ Costco bags and ask if I can take it to my dumpster. Yeah right. It goes to a huge pile in the chicken coop and the bags go to the recycle area for filling with cans and plastic.

Its all so simplimatic, that maybe we need the Germans or English to come in and give such idiots lessons.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ok, if we can't touch your beloved F150 can we at least eliminate NASCAR and ban Country and Western music?

That should help reduce your CO2 emissions.

totally out of the question Ian. Banning guns and NASCAR and CW Music? Wadda Ya Nuts?

Cookie

Reaction score
I wonder if they use MLS in Europe? that would make good copy for the ad:eek:

I don't know. Something I will have to look into. I know I pay enough for it. Don't I write good prop descriptions? lol. Mine are always interesting... never, like others so bland and dry. I write the truth and spice it up. ;) I am smart because I will write the measurements of closets! if it has built in shoe racks, or a lighted make up light; women buy the houses.

...when the male says to me, " but I wanted a bigger garage and a place to put my tools" I ask him, while we are watching his wife examine with glee the closets, the lighted make-up mirror, "which would you rather have? see that smile everynight or... or have a place to put your tools everynight?"

With that, many times, the male while looking at me suspiciously says, " you are a very good salesman," no, "person, salesperson..." I tell him with my all american-girl smile.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ian is right that Americans are idiots when it comes to the big truck to haul leaves to a dump. A circle of pickets, old branches or old wire will take a years worth of grasss and branches and a handful of worms will make it drop in height an inch a week.

And you dont have to buy it back in a bag for 4$ full of newspapers and pallets. And 3 chickens will eat every damn Cheerio your kid did not and that lousy steak from last night, and give you brekfast for free.

I have renters on my creek that rake for days and BAG the pine needles and leaves into 1.35$ Costco bags and ask if I can take it to my dumpster. Yeah right. It goes to a huge pile in the chicken coop and the bags go to the recycle area for filling with cans and plastic.

Its all so simplimatic, that maybe we need the Germans or English to come in and give such idiots lessons.

That still does not get the sheetrock and plywood and furniture moved. I compost grass and leaves, but when it gets too ripe sometimes, I am sorry I do. The is a town facility a few miles away where I can take as much compost as I want with my truck. At least i can get something for my real estate taxes.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Sheetrock composts very nicely especially if you have a backhoe. From the earth and back to the earth. Gypsum is mined and paper is grown. The binder is inert. I think greenboard just adds clay.

Some of the new stuff has fiberglas in it, so that might be problematic.

Grass only gets ripe if you dont add some old straw or dirt to the layers. And worms need some "space" - oyster shells, wadded up paper feed bags, even plastic, Then its worm heaven. One item I do buy is bagged steer manure. Layer with that - fantastic result. No turning or mixing need ever be done.

Goose bones seem to need about 10 years to compost. I'd give the English 25. And my new f-150 gets 18.8 MPG empty or overloaded.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks