American Standard toilet, 2004 Concord, Pictures and parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
American Standard 2004 Concord, One-Piece low profile toilet.

as_2004_concord_01.jpg

as_2004_concord_02.jpg

as_2004_concord_04.jpg

as_2004_concord_13.jpg

as_2004_concord_03.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Fascinating! Nice documentation of the thing. Is this like a 9-galloner?

What did you replace it with?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm not sure how many gallons, I would guess something like 9.0 gallons.

They were replaced with 0.80 Stealth toilets. In Seattle, apartments and multi-family and get a $150 rebate for replacing old toilets with "Premium" water savers.
Their web site list what the consider premium, 1.06 gallons or less.

stealth_01.jpg

Niagara is pushing these for replacements. Here is where we pulled the A/S Concords from.
I also installed one at my daughters to try it out too.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Interesting. I am surprised Toto isn't pushing the CST454CUFG. It's such a popular toilet in the 1.28 version, and seems to get raves from those who have installed the 1.0 version.

That MAP Premium list is a freakin' joke. It was a nice idea of the Seattle folks to increase the rebate for toilets that are well-functioning and low water flush volume, but I don't think going to the MAP Premium list is the way to accomplish it. At least the CST454CUFG is on it, but I'm shocked that they haven't updated it to include the 1.0 UltraMax II.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We installed some of the CST454CUFG in Seattle for the rebate too.
It the case above, they had already bought the toilets, and were needing an installer. Jamie quoted the job, and I told him it was a low quote. He wanted to do it. After two days hucking toilets up and down four floors in three buildings, he decided that yes, it was a low quote on labor. I didn't weigh the American Standard Concord, but I'm thinking there are a lot of plumbers that couldn't lift them without help. They are real boat anchors.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks