American Standard Tank#4072 tank to bowl gasket

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by badreligion9265, Mar 28, 2013.

1. badreligion9265

badreligion9265 New Member

As the title states I'm wondering if the tank to bowl gasket inside of the fluid master complete repair kit will fit my toilet(AS TANK# 4072). Here is a link to the kit I'm referring to. American standard told me the part number for my tank to bowl gasket was 047188-0070A not sure if that helps but in case it does thought I'd provide it. Thanks.

http://www.fluidmaster.com/our-prod...et-parts/complete-toilet-tank-repair-kit.html
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  2. wptski

wptski Retired Machine Repairman

I don't remember my tank part number right now but it's a Cadet 3 1.6gpf 10" rough in which had a leaky tank right out of the box. I bought the FM 3" flush valve just in case the replacement tank leaked also. I used the flush valve gasket from the kit. I can tell you that the FM sponge gasket under the tank wasn't the same height. IIRC correctly it's taller and I used the OEM. I have it and can measure it if you care to know.
  3. bbecker56

bbecker56 New Member

I have an American Standard 4014 Cadet. I can see that the ace gasket is too tall because the tank won't sit right on the base. Consequently, it leaks. (excuse my novice vocabulary.) Can I use the fluidmaster thinner gasket or do I need the thicker one like the Ace? The thinner gasket & washer is 3-1/4 o.d., 2-1/8 i.d., and 9/16 thick. Thanks!
  4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One