American Standard Shower 2077-302 Ceratop / sleeve replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

dsun999

Reaction score
I have a very old American standard shower faucet in my apt, perhaps 35yrs old and have no model information. The handle and sleeve(cap) were replaced several years ago, the faucet works fine. But the sleeve is eroded and installation for a new shower system is somewhat close to $700. I will do a remodel in couple years and need a cheaper way to fix the eroded sleeve now.

The measurement of the hole in the middle of the Escutcheon is about 2.25inch and the sleeve length is about 1.75. I found "American Standard 030243-0020A Escutcheon Cap, Polished Chrome" online, but not sure if this will fit into the hole of the Escutcheon.

Could anyone id the model or any sugestion? Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 289

dsun999

Reaction score
Thank you so much. One other silly question, how to uninstall the handle? I have tried to turn it up/down left and right, just couldn't find the screw that attach the handle to the faucet. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks