American Standard R&D

Users who are viewing this thread

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried submitting toilet designs to American Standard Brand for review? I have only tried contacting American Standard but no I am think of a different brand. I have my complete 2d model as well as schematics for build and feature sets. I am 100% it is unique to the market segement I have been working on it as some of you know since 2013 and now it is time to push to market. However I keep getting steamrolled. Does anyone know companies that are open to progress. Makes me want to rip American Standard out of my house and buy Kohler

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried submitting toilet designs to American Standard Brand for review? I have only tried contacting American Standard but no I am think of a different brand. I have my complete 2d model as well as schematics for build and feature sets. I am 100% it is unique to the market segement I have been working on it as some of you know since 2013 and now it is time to push to market. However I keep getting steamrolled. Does anyone know companies that are open to progress. Makes me want to rip American Standard out of my house and buy Kohler
You might want to try Shark Tank, they get a few toilets every year.

shark-tank-show-abc-1940x900_35239.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Manufacturers seldom want to have outside submissions, because they could be similar to something they are already working on, and could be taken to court for patent infringement if they saw your design while working on their own.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Thank you everyone; I won't be going on shark tank while I like the show, I couldn't stand there with my hand out while they talk down to me. I suppose I will just have to seek private investments and try to get it to market on my own. I understand that big box stores would likely refuse to stock my product but private small plumbing companies might. I designed them to be in the area between upscale and moderate the cheapest being in the $150.00 mark while the more expensive being in the $500.00 mark. I still don't any toilet resembling my design to fingers crossed I won't. I really and truly belive this product will benefit plumbers and end users. I also designed active pipes to match.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks