American-Standard push/pull tub and shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

paljoey

Reaction score
We have an A-S Model N 1030-1 push/pull tub and shower valve in our main bath. It's almost 40 years old and has performed well for us. Our only complaint is that it leaks water fairly freely out the escutcheon sleeve near the handle when the handle is in the "on" position. I've replaced the cam and shaft sub assembly as well as the guide post it rides on, and installed an overhaul kit (more than once), but the leak persists. The crazy part is that it appears to be designed to leak in this location! I've examined the internal parts thoroughly, and a pathway for water to leak out through the cam shaft does exist when the lmixing chamber is full. What am I missing here and is there a simple fix for it?

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?53413-American-Standard-Push-Pull-Shower-Valve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks