American Standard Luxor 2002

Users who are viewing this thread

J Donvar

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with installing replacement parts for the AS Luxor 2002 toilet?

Replacement parts have been installed and do not align for proper operation. Backflow preventer and water supply unit are misaligned.

Attachments

• Total Syst Pic.jpg
    Total Syst Pic.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Flush . BF Paddle.jpg
    Flush . BF Paddle.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Bflow.Supply Pic.jpg
    Bflow.Supply Pic.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 323

FabFor

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to take care of a leak in the fill valve of my AS Luxor 2002. Somehow, after replacing the plunger and the volume regulator within the water control assembly, there is still a persistent small leak resulting in water continuously flowing in the over flow drain.

I am thinking of replacing the entire water control assembly with a 1B1X conversion kit: would that work for an AS Luxor 2002?

Thomas C Whitman

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with installing replacement parts for the AS Luxor 2002 toilet?

Replacement parts have been installed and do not align for proper operation. Backflow preventer and water supply unit are misaligned.
I have just purchased and installed all new parts in my Luxor 2002 toilet, cost 473.18. My original ball cock was 9.875 inches from the bottom of the tank, that was one inch lower than the new back flo preventer inlet connection. My information is that the new back flo preventer is the only one available. My solution replace the original ball cock with an 11 inch one that now aligns with the back flow preventer. However now the top must be shimmed in the back to allow the fill valve to work properly. The hole in the tank where the back flo preventer attaches is 6 inches from the bottom of the tank. If it was 4.5 inches, all would have aligned with the 9.875 ballcock. Hope this helps. I am now shopping Ebay for a tank tap that is deeper so it will accommodate the taller ballcock. The flush and fill is noisier than the original, any ideas on how to correct this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.40.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.40.25 PM.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.41.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.41.06 PM.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 280
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks