American Standard Hamilton installation

Users who are viewing this thread

MoopMeep

Reaction score
Last October we upgraded the old toilet in my mothers house with an American Standard Hamilton. The toilet seems to work ok but my mother is constantly complaining about the cover on the back of the toilet. Her complaint is that the cover always slides back and yup, everytime I go to her house the cover is pushed back all the way to the wall.

Now, maybe the toilet isn't installed correctly, I am not sure. When we put it in we bolted it so there is about 1 1/2 inched between the toilet and the wall. We hooked everything up and put the cover on. I think the cover must be sliding back when people put up the seat. The underside of the cover has little bits sticking out to stop the cover from coming forward but there is nothing at the back of the cover to stop it from moving back.

Can anyone with this toilet confirm that their covers are the same, my mother thinks its defective but everytime she calls American Standard, they promise to send out a new cover but it never comes. Should this toilet be mounted so it is right against the wall?

MoopMeep

Reaction score
Well my mother wasn't convinced about the cover so she called American Standard. They ended up sending out a new cover. I was very surprised to find out that the new cover is slightly different and doesn't slide. The old cover had things sticking out on the front and sides underneath the cover, to stop it from sliding forward and to the sides. The new cover has things sticking out on the front, back and sides. I put it on for her yesterday but it looks like it will solve the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks